I was watching a news show this past week, when the host and a guest briefly debated about the color of Jesus. WHO CARES! So what, does it really matter if Jesus is black, white, brown, red, or yellow?!
We do not have an actual picture of Jesus, so it is open for our imaginations. We do know that Jesus was a Jew and that there are Jews who are white, brown, or black. So! Why would it even matter? It doesn’t matter to me!
I would love Jesus and follow Him if He was white, brown, black, or even blue!
A similar question was asked by Jesus once and listen to the conversation with His disciples:
Matthew 16:13-16 NKJV
(13) When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
(14) So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
(15) He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
(16) Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Who is Jesus to you? I believe the correct answer is like Simon Peter’s reply, “Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah), the Son of the Living God” (paraphrased). That is enough for me.
As much as I know, I have laid my life and eternal destination on that confession of Jesus. He can be any color of the rainbow, and I will still surrender my life to Him and follow Him by His grace and by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
You can debate and fuss over his color all you want. It is a moot point for me. If you can follow Him if He happens to be a different color than you, it is a good sign you believe in Him for the right reason. If He happens to be a different color than you and that is a faith-deal-breaker; my heart breaks for you.
Philippians 2:5-11 NKJV
(5) Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
(6) who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
(7) but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
(8) And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
(9) Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
(10) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
(11) and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
By His grace and salvation alone, one day I will see Him. I will be awestruck by His glory regardless of His hue. I long for the day when eternity begins!
Yours on the Journey,
Harry L. Whitt
2 Replies to “What Color Is Jesus? Who Cares!!”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! Blessings to you.